Friday 4 April 2014

My Fanfic Novel: "The Great Adelaide"

After the heartbreak of "Legacy of Leporis" (Alas, I killed you for the wrong reasons), I thought sixteen-year-old me would soothe her soul as only a teenage girl could by throwing herself headlong into Mary Sue Fan Fiction.

Which fandom? Why, all of them!  No holds barred, forget about timelines and worlds and you name it.  Escapist self-gratifying fiction at its best!  Extra exclamation points!!!

Sure, I told people I was writing a novel. Didn't tell 'em about what (in hopes of preventing another Leg-of-Lep debacle). By gum, I was writing this for me!

And boy, did it feel good! Filled several notebooks with the sucker.  Only came in about 40K words, but who cares?  It wasn't as if I was going to publish it.

And I never will.

So, in celebration of a completely unpublishable book (in any form, even on fanfic websites) written just for me, here's a whole lotta pictures of Mary Sue stuff:







______________________________
Her Grace thinks fanfic has its place. It's cathartic, it's fun, it explores ideas that novels never covered and had she had the Internet as a child, Her Grace would have nursed a fanfic addiction in her wild youth.

No comments: