Tuesday 14 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: Lists

I love Lists. I jot them down on the backs of envelopes, I notate them in my phone. Dot points are my friends. This blog has lists from time to time. (I need more, because I find lists fun.) I'm not the only one who loves lists.

To celebrate Lists, here is the Top Ten reasons we need lists:


  1. Lists organise things. It may be in a particular order, or simply as you think of them.
  2. Lists give a sense of satisfaction as you cross things off.
  3. Lists break big tasks down into tiny ones. Or gather a whole bunch of little things into one great whole.
  4. Lists are parseable. You can see what's what at a glance.
  5. Lists are logical. Even when they're apparently not in order, because there is a reason the list items appeared in the order they are in. Consider why your list is as it is the next time you write it down. 
  6. Lists make things accountable. This is the value of recording things.
  7. Lists keep a tally. The human brain can't easily quantify anything over the number five.
  8. Lists calm the mind.
  9. Lists are the reduction of too many firing neurons. What better way to get something off your mind than to write it down?
  10. Lists provide meaning to their contents.


What would you like to see me make a list of?
________________________
Her Grace is especially fond of used envelopes especially for listmaking.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I make lists all the time. I sometimes have to pull all my lists together and create a new one with all the things from the old ones I haven't gotten done yet! But it's my father in law that takes the cake on list making. He has a list for daily, monthly, quarterly, yearly things to do... I'd pull my hair out! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com