Tuesday 26 April 2016

Verification

So, to follow up from yesterday, I received a proof copy of Her Endearing Young Charms.

My job is to look it over--scrutinise it, really--for errata. If any are found, they are to be corrected.

Okay, no problem. It's not like I've not done this before. I've gone over e-proofs all the time.

But when I pulled this paperback out from the posting envelope and looked at its glossy cover, the reality struck me hard.

Here is a book, I thought. A real, genuine, hold-in-my-hand book. No wonder people still love paperbacks. Nothing says 'real' than one of these:



Question: Has there ever been a moment when the reality of something struck you?

_______________________________________
Her Grace felt the same way when she finished the first draft of her first completed novel. 

No comments: